Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Vaca at the parent's house

We came down to my parent's house for Mother's Day weekend.  The girls and I are staying for the week.  This has caused me some stress.  When we come down here, it is extremely hard to be good and eat clean.  My parents do not follow this way of eating and when we come here, I always want to eat at places that I don't get to at home.  For example, pappasitos, Mr. Gattis (I know, Yuck to some of you. But the one here has an awesome salad bar), and Cafe Adobe

So, last week I prepared a frozen healthy lasagna and we ate that.  Tonight I made something that was so easy, that I was giddy.  I was praying as it was in the oven that it would be good.  Because if it was that easy, there was no way it would be good.  Well, to my surprise, it was pretty good.  Definitely something to throw into the rotation of meals that I cook regularly.  If any of you have eaten this Lean Cuisine, it is very similar minus the potatoes.

Chicken and Broccoli Casserole

1 lb. boneless skinless Chicken Breast pounded thin
1/2  pkg. Great Value frozen Broccoli ( I probably used 3/4 of bag)
1 can of low fat or FF Cream of Mushroom soup
3 TBLSP. FF (fat free) Mayo
1 cup low fat shredded cheddar
Garlic Powder
Crushed Red Pepper
1 TBLSP. Olive Oil

Season chicken with garlic powder and crushed red pepper.  Heat 1 TBLSP. Olive Oil in a pan.  Place chicken in and cook on medium for about 6-7 minutes.  Try to get a gristle on the chicken. (I had a hard time because my mom only had a non stick pan).  Then let cool and cut up into chunks.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  In a square pyrex place the can of Cream of Mushroom soup and mayo, mix together.  Place chicken, broccoli in and mix with the soup.  Put the shredded cheddar on top and cover with some foil.  Bake for 30 minutes.  After about 20 minutes, remove foil and let cheese melt really good.


Me and my girls on Mother's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment